In this assignment, you will be responsible for the look and feel of training materials produced by the client's Global Retail Training team. You will partner with instructional designers to create visual components for content that convey and enhance the training message, while maintaining the client’s distinct style standards.
- Command image based and typographical layouts with advanced knowledge of client's products
- Prepare assets to strict standards for use in a variety of media.
- Create and modify documents and templates as needed.
- Utilize Keynote, Pages, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator to design and enhance training materials.
- Collaborate with instructional designers to imagine, and bring to life, training content.
- Produce design solutions that meet project objectives across departments.
- Work independently and as part of a global, cross-functional team.
- Participate in team and partner meetings and conference calls either in person or virtually, domestic and internationally.
- Role model and advocate for the values, principles, and approaches set forth by client’s high standards and design aesthetic.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing design software.
- Experience related to visual arts such as texture work, photography, 3D work, painting and graphic arts.
- Proven ability to capture innovative and complex concepts and create corresponding illustrations.
- Demonstrated capacity to work well in a team environment, work under tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple/detail oriented tasks.
- Ability to mediate and cope with rapid change.
- Experience interacting with and influencing team members and business partners at all levels.
- Proven analytical/technical aptitude.
- Highly responsive and self-directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years working in a visual design/production field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional working experience is required.
- User experience with client hardware and software products is required.
The following list of competencies serves two functions. First, it describes the basic skills and behaviors of the talent we are seeking. Second, it outlines the skills one can expect to develop as they grow within this role.
1. Creativity - Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas. Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions. Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
2. Dealing With Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change. Can shift gears comfortably. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Isn't upset when things are up in the air. Doesn't have to finish things before moving on. Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
3. Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind.
4. Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values Time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
5. Functional/Technical Skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
6. Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
7. Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly. Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.