Our client a leading Apparel & accessories Retail company is looking for a Assistant Production manager to be based out of their San Francisco office for a short term assignment.
• Track and report all open issues
• Communicate with Asia-based teams to understand product execution issues and provide support in resolving them in a timely manner.
• Assists with rolling process, helping to identify any costing concerns
• Understand and work with cross-functional teams to ensure financial targets are met by delivering costing guidance.
• Understand product development implications on merchandising and design-driven product decisions based on category or vendor strategies and nuances.
• Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to execute supporting strategies
• Attends BOM details meetings while supporting the execution of final BOMs in PLM
• Ensures that supporting systems (ACT, PLM, TS, Prompt) are complete and accurate by the agreed deadlines
• Help to research any issues with PO seeding
• Coordination of Ad sample ordering and partners with Merchandising/PR to ensure timely delivery
• Help to investigate all late deliveries and identify potential solutions
• Documents delivery changes in the change log and communicates to cross-functional teams as necessary
• 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-4 Years of Production work experience
• Should understand the principles of apparel manufacturing, apparel costing, trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, and fabric and garment construction
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
• Must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access, web-based applications
• Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills and effectively manage multiple challenges
• Must be able to use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn
• Ability to react to change and solicits feedback/self-development
• Demonstrated curiosity, motivated to develop new skills and knowledge.
• Experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented.
• Responds and provides support to colleagues, capable of building cross-functional relationships in a matrixed environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.