Large Entertainment and Consumer Products brand in Glendale is seeking an Assistant Merchandiser to join their team. This is a 3-month temporary role with the possibility of extending.
- Provide operational support for the Softlines and Hardlines Teams (placement, management and execution of the assortment and vendor base).
- Maintain product flow document to reflect any product stage set changes.
- Issue Purchase Orders, gather testing reports and complete custom forms for import product. Track orders to ensure on time delivery and maintain documentation on merchandise shipment tracking (conventional & drop ship). Manage merchandise samples and gather necessary images and copy for placement on commerce site.
- Maintain and create assortment line sheets. Update pricing and enter promotional information into our systems.
- Provide overall administrative support to merchant team, including data entry, copying, printing and general filing as needed.
- Work with other merchandising coordinators to ensure consistency skills and experience
- 2 years of experience in merchandising and buying.
- Profiency in microsoft word, excel, powerpoint, outlook and comfortable adapting to purchasing systems.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and task oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple properties in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate with others and work within a multifunctional team.
- Good communication skills, High motivation and a willingness to learn
Required Education: BA/BS pref. (not required)