Our Fortune 500 Fashion Retail Client is looking for an Assistant Merchandiser for their Kid’s + Accessories team!
TITLE: Assistant Merchandiser
DURATION: 6 months+
LOCATION: San Francisco (on-site with Client)
The job is for an Assistant Merchandiser level (over the eCom Kid’s & Accessories departments for the U.S.) will report directly to a Senior Merchant, Merchandiser, Kid’s & Accessories – Outlet, Mainline, Ecommerce.
• Responsible for building product assortments and buy plans that deliver against financial targets
• Maintaining assortments and all updates for Kids & Accessories
• Partner closely with global product creation teams and influence the global assortment content via generation of seasonal product briefs and regular check-ins on business performance
• Communicates and shares information with cross-functional partners both through established tools and ad hoc as necessary
• Lead assortment activation online by working with Site Merchandising Team
• Drive business via effective Retail Rhythm with key business partners: Planning, Allocation, and Supply Chain
• Assess and analyze product performance weekly and determine appropriate short, medium, and long-term actions to optimize opportunities and minimize risk; draw overarching trend conclusions and convert to action
• Continuously assess and manage overall health of assigned categories
• Provide competitive analysis, including pricing and promotional strategies, and marketplace trends
• Partner closely with planning partners to execute promotions and markdowns
• Co-manage Merchandise and Data Coordinator