Will be responsible for creation of content specific to HR Services. The focus will be on using our style guide to create accurate, global English content that's ready for localization to an international audience. You will need to work with other team members and our team’s style guide and tools to ensure consistency of voice and communication quality across multiple content types.
Must Have Skills:
Must be a self-starter who is passionate about producing and publishing high-quality content as well as working in a technical, fast-paced environment. A successful candidate will be resourceful, customer-focused, and team-oriented; will have an ability to take assignments and deliver them under time constraints to meet deadlines; will have a proven track record in writing high-quality content and using content tools to deliver/publish that content.
We’d like to see:
• Strong content writing and editing experience
• Familiar with SharePoint 2010 and/or 2016
• Experience with content management systems (Adobe Experience Manager is a huge plus)
• Any previous experience with a Seattle-based tech company in a writing capacity is strongly desired
• Previous, knowledge-based writing experience will be extremely helpful, especially for non-technical topics.
• Previous HR policy writing experience is helpful.
Company Principles That Candidates Should Possess:
Bias for action – asking questions when needed (but balancing with are right, a lot)
Insist on highest standards
• Strong writing/editing background and exceptional skill in creating content, proofreading, and publishing, while ensuring adherence to style guides
• Work experience in a global team environment
• Previous usage of content management systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Professional Writing, English, Technical Writing, Communications, Journalism, or similar field
• 2 years of professional writing experience
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, asking questions where needed
• Excellent judgment and open communication
• Demonstrated success at learning and explaining business processes
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholder needs in a fast-paced environment
• Fluent in English
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Associate’s degree in Professional Writing, English, Technical Writing, Communications, Journalism, or similar field
Assists in writing, editing, proofreading, and copyediting of a variety of documents. Plans and prepares content for online dissemination. Assists in the preparation of page layouts to position and space articles and illustrations. Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a manager.