We are hiring an Assistant Editor for our Global E-commerce client in Seattle Wa who assists in writing, editing, proofreading, and copy editing of a variety of documents. Plans and prepares stories for online dissemination. Assists in the preparation of page layouts to position and space articles and illustrations. Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• 2 years of professional writing experience
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, asking questions where needed
• Good judgment and open communication
• Demonstrated success at learning and explaining business processes
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholder needs in a fast-paced environment
• Fluent in English
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Bachelors degree in Journalism, Professional Writing, English, Technical Writing, Communications, or similar field
-Must Have Skills: Strong content writing, and editing experience, familiar with operating in Sharepoint, Content management systems experience.
- Any previous experience with a Seattle tech company is strongly desired (google, Amazon, Intel).
- Previous HR policy writing experience – HR content writing of policies but not focused on the implementation of policies.
- will be responsible for creation of content specific to HR Services. The focus will be on using our style guide to create accurate global English content that's ready for localization to an international audience. You will need to work with other team members and our team’s style guide and tools to ensure consistency of voice and communication quality across multiple content types.
- must be a self-starter who is passionate about producing and publishing high-quality content as well as working in a technical, fast-paced environment. A successful candidate will be resourceful, customer-focused, and team-oriented; will have an ability to take assignments and deliver them under time constraints to meet deadlines; and will have a proven track record in writing high-quality content and using content tools to deliver/publish that content.
• Strong writing/editing background and exceptional skill in proofreading and creating, implementing, and ensuring adherence to technical style guides
• Work experience in a global team environment
• Previous usage of content management systems
• Experience with or exposure to Amazon business processes
• Experience in a multi-language publishing environment, including globalization for translation, terminology databases and management, and other world-ready approaches
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Professional Writing, English, Technical Writing, Communications, or similar field