Large Entertainment and Consumer Products brand in Glendale is seeking an Assistant Editor to join their team for a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension. The Consumer Products division extends the brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home decor and books to interactive games, food and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art. The Glendale-based editorial team is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented editorial assistant who will support a group of editors at the press imprint, working on a variety of formats from early independent reading titles to middle grade and young adult titles. Must be interested in children's/YA books, have strong writing skills, and be able to efficiently manage diverse responsibilities in a high-volume work environment.
The Assistant Editor will:
- Prepare acquisition paperwork, including acquisitions memos and P&Ls; track paperwork for approved projects through the acquisitions process; request and redline contracts; set up acquired projects in title management system
- Draft fact sheets, catalog copy, bound galley copy, and jacket/cover copy
- Communicate with various franchise management teams within company
- Prepare PowerPoint documents for sales and internal presentations
- Review books and art at various stages, providing editorial feedback as requested
- Send stages of proofs to authors/illustrators for review
- Request ISBNs and maintain title system up-to-date
- Manage and process payments for titles; track payments and troubleshoot problems
- Order author/illustrator and agent complimentary copies of new releases
- Submit manuscripts for CIP data
The candidate should have:
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a high volume environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to immerse in, and contribute to, world-building for franchises.