Individual contributor responsible for assisting with the creation of commercially viable product designs across collections. Coordinate and deliver brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, fit and fabric for new/existing product lines. Applies a solid working knowledge of fashion trends and consumer needs to product designs. Demonstrates a passion for the brand, inspires individuals and relies on limited experience to plan and accomplish goals. Takes direction under immediate supervision, exercising a minimal degree of scope/decision making. Reports to Manager level or above and no direct reports.
• Assists in the creation of brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy.
• Develop seasonal product with a focus on style, fit and fabric.
• Deliver design sketches/prototypes and provide specifications.
• Adapt designs based on feedback, incorporating for finalization.
• Apply processes to understand/anticipate the needs of the customer in order to exceed customer expectations and readily react to their needs.
• Utilize resources in sourcing new ideas, both internally and externally, and stay up to date on competitor research/trend analysis.
• Collaborate and follow-up on deliverables with vendors and key partners throughout the design process including Merchandising, Marketing, and Product Development.
• Brainstorm and present ideas to team.
• Prepare materials for meetings and presentations and coordinate logistics.
• Achieve set goals with acute attention-to-detail, tracking progress & anticipating potential issues.
• Pursue/embrace opportunities to personally grow and develop skills/competencies.
• Build and maintain effective relations with key partners.
• Seek to improve process in order to deliver efficiently with speed/agility.
• Meet budget and time commitments without compromising design excellence.
• Exceptional talent with a commercial fashion eye and detail in product styling/performance.
• Customer service philosophy.
• Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach.
• Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented.
• Solid communication and presentation skills.
• Understand how to motivate and develop talent.
• Champion for change and able to react with speed and agility.
• Flexible and creative problem solver.
• Personal professionalism and accountability.
• Moderate domestic travel.
• Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent experience.
• Entry level with some design experience in a comparable retail environment.
• Microsoft Office proficiency.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs