• Participates in the conceptual development for both the Women’s & Girls performance product lines including Plus / Maternity.
• Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends, and business strategy for these categories.
• Responsible for keeping/updating details on design of product; to include preparing and updating sketches/CAD artwork and fabric info.
• Responsible for specing a new design, and handing off to tech in accordance to tech requirements.
• Responsible for creating and updating garment BOMs (bill of materials), “merchandising pages”, presentation boards, etc.
• Coordinate with our production partners to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis; responsible for lab dip approvals.
• Increased involvement in sample fits, line edits, and meetings with cross functional partners.
• Responsible for relaying revisions/color ways on prints and graphics to our CAD and graphic partners.
• Assists in inspiration boards, market research for design development (via internet, magazines, shopping, etc.) and room rigging.
• Assists in fabric and trim development.
• Responsible for all organizational systems: binders, folders on server, closets, drawers, work stations etc.
• Responsible for ordering, managing design supplies and shipping packages.
• Responsible for responding to emails in a timely manner.
• Communication Skills: ability to work independently (find or create work) when not given an assignment or asked to work on something; self-directed and motivated!
• Time Management: ability to prioritize well, work under pressure, and during time crunches.
• Personality: positive attitude, problem solving abilities, and diligent work ethic.
• Solid understanding of the design process/calendar: ability to understand a working calendar, and plan ahead of time.
• Computer Knowledge: Illustrator is a must for sketching flats and creating documents for presentation purposes; ability/patience to learn how to use new computer programs.
• Knowledge of performance fabrics, solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.).
• Good design, and color sense.
• Ability to think three-dimensionally, and to visualize from flat one-dimensional to body.
• Knowledge of fit model, standard measurements, and how a fitting runs.
• 1 to 3 years design experience.
• College degree (AA minimum) in Fashion Design, or related field.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs