Assistant CAD Designer - Fashion Apparel
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, assist Team in creating prints and woven's by utilizing a CAD system including but not limited to creating repeats, colorways and scale variations of purchased and original artwork. Work is regularly reviewed by Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in the development of woven and print designs by brand, but not limited to CAD software.
• Inputs prints and yarn dyes into CAD system Ned Graphics.
• Assists in creating and maintaining seasonal color palettes.
• Develops printer maintenance skills as needed (e.g., printer training which can include paper).
• Assists in the preparation of artwork package for production ready standards.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Works closely with CAD team to include manager and/or other senior level textile designers. Minimal interaction with product development team.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Basic working knowledge of computer aided design systems. Ned Graphics, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Basic understanding of print and textile design.
• Basic PC environment knowledge required.
• Good organizational and communication skills.
2) Minimum educational level:
• College level coursework in computer aided design or equivalent experience.
• 0-5 years CAD or related computer experience.