Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for an Assistant Apparel Designer to work contract to hire role onsite in Plano,TX. This role is working on Kidswear, specifically Girls Trend.
The Assistant Designer performs the following tasks:
- Assists in interpreting the seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends for area of responsibility (Kidswear/Girls)
- Assists designers in creating original concepts that encompass style, color, and fabric for assigned brands to ensure customer focused offerings that meet fashion and quality requirements consistent with brand profile.
- Completes assigned portions of product packages.
- Participates in the preparation of materials for Trend Concept Work Session, Concept Sample Line Review, and line review sessions as needed for area of responsibility (the brand).
- Works with the Trend Team, Designer, and Product Development Manager to conceptualize product design for the season.
- Shops print studios and fabric and trim lines in developing direction for the season.
- Assists in the timely approval of all strike-offs, handlooms, knit downs, trim cards and confirmation samples; reviews the final assortment for fit, construction, fabrication, coloration, with Designer.
- Coordinates sample confirmation process.
- Ensures adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action calendar.
Education and work experiences may include:
- College degree in fine arts or design, or equivalent work experience in a design related field preferred
- 2+ years of design product and fabrication knowledge
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator, PLM experience is preferred
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, superior written and verbal communications
- High taste level and an excellent design and color sense.