One of our top CPG clients seeks a temporary Asset Coordinator to assist their design team in collecting, organizing and delivering assets across our product design, packaging, creative and marketing groups for a specific project. This is an entry-level role slated to go 8-months with the possibility of extending.
This person will connect with local and overseas partners in the collection of said assets. A core responsibility will be to maintain the organization of all files collected. This Asset Coordinator will be responsible for gathering assets for various projects, receiving and sending assets, creating and maintaining a common folder structure and documentation, and communicating this structure cross-functionally.
- Download and distribute assets as needed for internal teams, teams overseas and outside vendors
- Select and optimize assets for optimal use across multiple digital platforms (web, mobile, tablet, social media, etc.)
- Lead, support and manage folder structure within our departments' network
- Maintain a master contact list of the other department's contacts for obtaining assets.
- Be the go-to person for asset trafficking
- Identify ways for improving efficiency and productivity through asset filing and organization
- Assist various creative stakeholders and marketers in tracking down assets and minor design needs
Reporting to the Director of Packaging Design, the Asset Coordinator will lead the implementation of folder structure across the department, maintain and organize all digital assets, and is the point person between Design and cross-functional groups within the brand for digital asset needs. The Asset Coordinator helps designers, marketers and producers gather assets to speed up the production process. He/she will be responsible for selecting and optimizing assets for digital use as needed for a specific project.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be detail oriented and extremely organized. Should be able to work towards identifying best practices and systems to sort and manager all digital assets. Needs to have a base understanding of the web environment, app development and some knowledge of the design, creative and production process. Must be able to quickly adapt to the department process and constantly seeks solutions for efficiency and improvement for the team.
- 1-3 years working experience
- At least 1 year experience working as an asset coordinator, digital librarian, digital designer or graphics/traffic coordinator
- Basic knowledge of web technology and database structures
- Basic knowledge of 3D software such as Modo, 3D Studio Max, Maya, ZBrush, Softimage
- Basic knowledge of design software—Adobe Design Suite CS5
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiar with typical creative and production processes
- Experience working with clients and vendors
- Experience working with digital asset management systems
- Experience working with large IT organizations
Education: An undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year university/college is required. Minimum 1-year experience in asset management, design, or related field required.
Strong Communication Skills