Assessment Item Writers | Pre-AP Independent Contractor Needed
• Content specialists in their discipline (ELA, Math, Social Studies/History, Biology, Chemistry) with experience either in 6-12 teaching, higher ed, or other academic work related to teaching and assessing within that content area.
• General experience/familiarity and demonstrated previous successful work with item writing and item reviews (although training will be provided)
• Ability to write test items based on frameworks and specifications (including course frameworks, targeted levels of difficulty in the items, alignment to standards)
• Ability to work fluidly with online item authoring tools and online work flow management tools
Scope of Work:
• Participate in virtual and F2F item writing training and calibration sessions (at onset of project)
• Write items and item rationales (question and answer explanations) based on Pre-AP test specifications and assessment guidelines
• Conduct item reviews
• Revise and edit items based on feedback
• Work within an online item authoring platform to write, review, and edit items and to supply item meta-data (framework alignment, DOK level, passage information)
• Stimulus Search: Research and identify texts, data sets, images for assessments
• Provide QA of final items on program platform at the end of the item development process
We anticipate needing to work with outside item writers for the duration of the Pre-AP program; even after we launch initial courses, we will move to subsequent course development and we will continue to have item maintenance, refresh, and review needs for existing courses.
If the program engages a boutique assessment vendor, then we may no longer need to engage outside item writers.
Start: Beginning in June
Duration: Part-time; estimate ~5-8 hours a week per person
*Intervirew Process includes a writing assessment that should be under an hour*