Job Roles and Responsibilities
The Artwork Planner or Traffic Manager is responsible for the execution of Cosmetics packaging artwork, initially focusing on North American Cosmetics. The AP role includes gathering multifunctional inputs such as a working design, ingredients, sell and legal copy, all while insuring it meets project timing. You will work with individuals across disciplines and regions, and communicating these to internal and external partners.
The keys to success in this role are technical mastery of the artwork process, strong leadership and project management skills, and passionate ownership. This role is very fast paced and requires working on multiple projects at different stages concurrently.
- Must have superior organizational and priority setting skills. Ability to handle data from multiple sources for multiple projects in varying stages of development in a demanding, time constrained environment.
- Must have strong project management skills. The AP will own the artwork schedule (as part of the overall project schedule) from Design through artwork released to the printer.
- Working Effectively with Others: Much of the work in this role is done through or with others across disciplines and levels. The AP will need to influence others to get their inputs on schedule and done correctly. Some negotiating skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong technical skills is a must. The artwork process is complex and the AP needs to be proficient in Adobe Acrobat, Excel and Word. Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus. Knowledge of various printing processes is also a plus.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills. Must be able to develop creative solutions to keep the project on track and satisfy all parties.
- Demonstrated leadership skills. As noted in other qualifications, the candidate will need to lead meetings to obtain alignment or issue resolution. The AP may represent NA Cosmetics on global networks.
- Strong written and verbal skills. This job requires the individual to work across disciplines and in some instances, regions. Communications to external partners must be precise so as not to have any mistakes on the artwork.
- Ability to think spatially and demonstrated color acuity.
- Limited travel may be required