Skills and Experience:
• Highly experienced character animator with a passion for game development who displays passion for animating stylized subject matter that is grounded in reality.
• Must enjoy collaboration and have strong communication skills.
o Experience working closely with game designers, programmers, and technical artists is a must.
o Experience working closely with art directors and character modelers to create effective characters that work within technical limitations.
• Self-Motivated towards solving creative problems
• Experience implementing and refining character animation pipelines for game development.
• Experience creating character driven animation systems for games - from concept to completion (combat, locomotion, cinematics, ai, etc).
• Experience collaborating with game designers to bring these systems to life. Experience Mesh skinning/vertex weighting experience on next gen characters.
• Expert knowledge of Maya’s animation pipeline.
• Strong technical understanding of character rigging, and an intuitive sense for the needs of the animator. Ability to quickly identify rigging problems and communicate with technical artists to solve them.
• Ability to define/maintain the standards and technical practices of animation that will guide the project.
• Collaboratively manage in house animation resources and outsource teams.
• Communicate effectively with other animators – both to give direction and inspire artistic growth.
• Vigilantly monitor the animation pipeline and define tools that will improve the process and communicate these needs to technical artists and programmers.
• Deliver content on schedule and within technical limitations.
• Work with Art Director and experience designers to create all levels of animations.
• Maintain consistency of the appropriate style across a project, under the direction of the Art Director
• Primarily responsible for Providing design sketches, detailed concept drawings and designs for architectural as well as natural (organic) environments, characters and objects to be built by 3D artists
• Primarily responsible for rendering detailed scenic/environmental drawings and/or digital paintings in 2D, sometimes based on primitive 3D geometry provided by designers and artists
• Secondarily responsible for supporting other teams with story boards and other forms of visualizations.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Skills and Experience: