• Work with Art Director and experience designers to create all levels of conceptualization.
• Maintain consistency of the appropriate style across a project, under the direction of the Art Director
• Primarily responsible for Providing design sketches, detailed concept drawings and designs for architectural as well as natural (organic) environments, characters and objects to be built by 3D artists
• Primarily responsible for rendering detailed scenic/environmental drawings and/or digital paintings in 2D, sometimes based on primitive 3D geometry provided by designers and artists
• Secondarily responsible for supporting other teams with story boards and other forms of visualizations.
• Secondarily responsible for the creation of final assets for use in the product and user interface
Skills and Experience:
• Strong Expert knowledge in Photoshop.
• A strong foundation in traditional media
• An ability to work in various styles
• Passion for pushing the visual direction while also supporting the needs of the team
• 2+ years working in production as a concept artist for video games.
• Shipped at least one console title as a concept artist
• AA/BFA preferred, or at least can demonstrate through portfolio an industry standard level of art
• A Strong portfolio centered on both digital and traditional media. The portfolio must include both professional work and personal work showing work from sketch work to polished pieces.
• A Firm grasp of using color and lighting techniques to create mood, definition, atmosphere and depth.
• Examples of human and animal anatomy, showing varied character types, clothing etc.
• Examples of design and rendering of both architectural and organic spaces, interior and exterior environments
• 2D animation skills
• Illustrator knowledge for visualization purposes
• Zbrush skills for visualization
• After Effects Experience
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs