(Beauty, Fashion, Apparel, Retail, Ecommerce)
Print & Digital
Responsible for building and maintaining Sephora brand. Supports Senior Art Director in high-level concept development and execution of marketing campaigns and programs, from concept to execution across media.
• Brand Builder: Partners with Senior Art Director to develop and build strong brand. Supports in brand management and execution to ensure consistency across brand through all channels. Develops visual design standards for brand.
• Strategic Thinker: Partners with Senior Art Director to develop strategic marketing campaign concepts. Understands both marketing and creative needs to provide creative solutions that meet business objectives. Supports in integration of art direction and design across all channels including, but not limited to: window animations, magazine print, print collateral/direct mail, in-store graphics and event materials. Develops visual design standards for brand animations
• Creative Collaborator: Partners closely with Editorial, Digital and Visual Merchandising teams to develop creative concepts for robust 360 client experience. Partners with Content Production to align on appropriate talent to ensure accurate execution of creative vision. Including but not limited to photography, retouching, illustration, typographic development.
• Cross-functional Partner: Builds and maintains relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure strategic objectives are met. Regularly meets and collaborates with various cross-functional teams including Marketing, Merchandising, Store Operations, Program Management, Procurement and Loyalty.
• External Partner: Partners with outside agency and vendors including: Strategic agencies, production agencies, print vendors and specialty vendors (i.e. type designer). Helps to support effective agency relationship to ensure work is aligned with brand and agency is leveraged in effective manner.
• Inspirational Mentor: Actively work with junior members of the team to make sure that all executions are of the highest quality and adhere to the brand. Helpsto educate team in creative expertise and knowledge including art direction, photography, design, typography, print production.
• Thoughtful Manager: Manages 1 direct report to ensure projects track to schedule, creative adheres to vision and executes properly. Assigns workload and responsibilities to team in thoughtful manner to develop direct report and build effective creative team.
• Skilled Presenter: Represents creative team in a variety of settings: large/small groups, direct reports, managers, formal presentations.
• 5-7+ years of creative experience.
• College degree; BA or BFA preferred in Graphic Design or Communication Design.
• Passion for design and art direction
• Knowledge and experience in retail space.
• Understanding of beauty and fashion.
• Understanding of photography and knowledge of relevant industry talent.
• Understanding of current industry related trends.
• Understanding of design, typography and layout principles, environmental graphics, production process.
• Management experience a plus.
• Strong leadership, negotiation and consensus-building skills.
• Strong relationship-building skills; ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines.
• Team player: Enjoys working with others and collaborating with positive attitude.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent presentation skills at both team and leadership levels.
• Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities.
• Proficient knowledge of Adobe programs: Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meet very tight deadlines.
• The drive to excel and succeed; self-motivated.
• Passion for client our programs, clients, cast and marketing
• Some Travel required.