Art Director (Graphic Design)
Health Benefits Available through Aquent
30 to 40 hours a week
6 to 12+ Month Contract
Our client, the internal agency of a major CPG firm, is seeking an Art Director to support its global brands.
Corporate/Agency background a must!!
Art Designer with a strong eye for design. This candidate will be responsible for leading a team who designs, produces and updates for use internal and external clients.
This candidate will work under the direction of the Creative Director and will be responsible for upholding global brand standards.
The "AD" will partner with copywriters, designers, marketing managers and product specialists in the development of creative work used across a broad range of outputs.
The Art Director is responsible for overseeing and managing the creative work, refinement and overall visual appearance of design projects on behalf of the Creative Center to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Provides Art Direction and overall management of the projects to ensure client satisfaction.
• Understands and anticipates customer needs; delivers service that meets and exceeds expectations; demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to help.
• Takes accountability for achieving results; takes proactive ownership for processes and activities while managing multiple competing priorities.
• Continuously strives to improve existing work methods and implements new systems to accomplish customer goals.
• Oversees the development & design of collateral, promotions, packaging, merchandising, POS, logo design, office graphics and sales materials while maintaining aesthetic consistency across all brands.
• Confers with representatives of marketing, marketing services, CD, AD’s, PM’s, traffic and other internal and external departments and vendors to deliver the final product to the client.
•Effectively positions and presents the Creative Center's capabilities to both internal/external capabilities to existing and target clients.
• Push creative boundaries with every project while being true to the brand essence.
• Assesses design project needs and recommends designer from talent pool best suited for the project.
• Partners with the Project Manager to build timelines, project hours/cost estimates, schedules, and communicate schedule to the team and client.
• Makes changes or modifications required by approving authority.
Experience in managing designers and clients when/where needed: illustration, photography, graphic design and layout. Experience in rendering, concept sketching and layouts.
• Past experience in provides direction and guidance for final digital files for printer or oversees mock-ups or prototypes for client.
• Team player-excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and have excellent customer service skills.
• Computer savvy, platforms PC and Mac.
• Must have very strong communication skills, and the strong ability to work with others in a team environment.
• Experience with solving print-related technical issues both in-house and dealing with external vendors.
• Creative agency or client-side in-house advertising or print group leading a team of creatives.
• Outstanding creative design skills on and off the computer. Strong illustrative skills.
• Commission specialists such as illustrators, photographers, designers, and copywriters.
• Able to estimate time and budget for all projects.
• Track all time and material costs accurately in creative project management system
• Knowledge of proper packaging production, technical, regulatory, legal and environmental requirements, barcodes item numbers, coupons, promotions, etc.
• Must be extremely familiar with the use of dielines, Pantone color, and CMYK color processes.
• Solid presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) essential.
• Exhibit creative flair within guidelines of style guides and/or printer specs.
• Able to interpret and implement feedback from internal rounds of review.
• At least 7+years of design/production experience with an emphasis on collateral, merchandising, advertising, packaging and branding.
• Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office and email knowledge in the PC and Macintosh environments.
• Web design, Video experience, Dreamweaver, Final Cut Pro and Flash a plus.
• Natural hunger to stay up-to-date with cultural trends and the creative industry.
• Very positive attitude, self-motivated, and fun to work with.
• Multilingual experience also a plus.
This is a long term contract position in the Glendale area.
Approx. 40 hours a week with occasional overtime.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Art Director (Graphic Design)