SR. ART DIRECTOR (BRAND IDENTITY)
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: ON GOING
LOCATION: BELLEVUE, WA
** A FORTUNE 500 TRAVEL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL SR. ART DIRECTOR (BRAND IDENTITY)! **
Are you obsessive about elegant brand execution, and excited by the idea of helping a talented multi-disciplinary team bring a brand to life? Do you enjoy getting into the details, crafting icon systems, defining and articulating illustration styles, and choosing the right weights and treatments for a typeface to emote your brand’s intent and personality? Do you have the experience to write clear guidance on photographic style by channel, help define icon and illustration systems, and direct brand definition and execution in a multi-faceted digital platform environment?
- Develop and operationalize coherent branded work across our customer journey and digital landscape.
- Digital native but multi-channel fluent, you’ll think inventively about light, nimble ways to connect and shape brand expression, collaborating and consulting with creative teams across to help power their adoption of the brand.
- Partnering across multiple teams, from marketing to merchandising to user interface/product design, apps and even emerging technologies like voice and chat, your work will help ensure the successful emergence of our new brand within the context of their everyday needs, workflow, and goals.
- Work with our global research team to unearth insights about our customers that will help us orchestrate impactful brand moments, through evaluating business and user needs and gaps across multiple stages of the customer journey
- Partner with research and analytics team to ensure the brand we’re rolling out is hitting the mark with customers; help communicate opportunities and risks as they emerge to working teams
- Stay on top of competitive realities, including new experiences or key tests, and emerging trends in the marketplace, culture and the travel industry
- Share findings, recommendations, and designs through deliverables such as user stories, customer journey narratives, presentation decks, flows, prototypes, and style guides
- Define and publish standards for quality, relevance, coherence across the brand look and feel
- Own updating and maintaining this material over time, defining processes and workflow to optimize partnership and alignment over time
- Understand how to collaboratively work within a team made up of product managers, engineers and fellow UXers in an agile, product environment
- Describe and present your methods, explorations, and rationale along with a recommendation to peers, team partners, business partners, and UX leadership
- Serve as an advocate and subject matter authority on branded experiences within the digital design community
- You are a skilled design communicator who knows how to balance strategy and execution. You’re as happy at the 1-foot level defining symbols for a platform toolkit as you are describing the rationale behind an icon’s design and story. You are interested in brand communications and culture, and push yourself and your collaborators to understand and value brand as a habit in their day-to-day creative work.
- 5+ years of professional design experience working with a range of consumer brands
- Degree in a relevant field (HCI, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.)
- Portfolio demonstrating expert level interaction design experience and skills
- Proven success working in a complex environment and collaborating with a large number of partners
- Recent and consistent experience articulating and executing corporate brand in a digital and multi-channel environment
- Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.