1. ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Design: Percent of Time: 40%
• Create top quality creative and well-designed advertising & promotional pieces across a wide array of categories.
- Route ad & promo pieces through all stages from design to production insuring that all stakeholders have reviewed and signed-off for release to printer or as digital media.
- Digital Design- Create digital banners, landing pages and multimedia presentations.
- Print Design- Create flyers, postcards, posters and advertisements.
- Event Signage- Design booth signage for shows and conferences and present concepts to upper management.
• Supervise and direct in-house designers in creation of advertising & promotional materials, both print and digital.
- Assure all branding is used consistently and within guidelines on all ad & promo materials.
• Assist Creative director with execution of department and business
unit initiatives, both design and operational. 20%
OTHER REQUIRED ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Stay up-to-date with new design software, solutions and creative approaches.
• Work closely with Marketing teams and Creative Director to meet marketing initiatives and strategies.
• Keep supervisors constantly aware of changes either in content or design that affect scope, schedule or look of project.
• Offer flexibility with designs and work with the marketing department to achieve desired results.
• Ensure consistency among all marketing collateral.
• Assure that artwork is delivered to specification, on time and within budget.
• Hire designers when needed, keep staff up to date with latest software and design trends both print and digital.
• Work with internal manufacturing reps on print materials.
• Internal design of HMTL based emails and online banners/microsites support marketing functions without additional outside vendor costs
• Supports marketing in creation and supervision of 800+ ad and promo materials annually
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
• Minimum of five years design experience a must. Advertising and/or Publishing background (book or magazine) strongly desired
• Experience in a supervisory role, able to manage direct reports both on and off-site
• Must be Proficient in Macintosh OSX, CS6, Microsoft Office.
• Must be deadline-conscious, detail-oriented, results-driven, and have high-performing standards in a high volume environment
• Must have advanced understanding of printing and production processes
• Knowledge of HTML and Dreamweaver preferred
• Able to art direct multi-media projects
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to balance a heavy workload and complete projects in a timely manner.
• Must be able to create design solutions based on information supplied by marketing and editorial combined with direction of the creative director.
• Willing to adapt designs to achieve desired solutions
• Prioritize projects and push them through the routing procedure when necessary, ensuring that all stakeholders review and sign-off in order to meet deadlines.
• Troubleshoot and resolve electronic file problems before covers are sent to printer