We are looking for a talented, versatile Art Director to join our Creative Team.
You’re fluent in brand and marketing, and able to craft strategically-grounded, insight-driven design work with a portfolio to back that up.
You have great attention to detail, and while you can craft a solid concept, what really lights your fire is the predictability of day-to-day marketing work. You understand that a well laid out, clear and concise direct mail piece really is the unsung hero of marketing.
You’ll be working in a classic art director/copywriter partnership, as well as partnering with larger groups like our Business partners, project managers, strategy teams, etc). You must have a strong understanding of both print and web, and be up on current trends in the marketplace. In addition, you must have strong communication skills and be able to manage your own workload to achieve tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
We are a fortune 500 financial company with start-up roots. We’re used to dealing with serious subject matter all while not taking ourselves too seriously. Our Creative Team is a tight-knit group of folks with a strong work ethic and a good sense of humor - we love what we do and have fun doing it. Overall, we’re looking for smart, dependable people who are as excited to take our brand to the next level as we are.
And if all this hasn’t convinced you to learn more, we also have an on-site Starbucks, a fro-yo shop, and a tree-house.
The nitty gritty:
Technical skills and abilities:
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite 5+ (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign at minimum)
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Business Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of direct mail and e-mail best practices
- Occasional business travel may be required
- On-site 5 days/40 hours a week
- High-pressure work environment to meet deadlines and deliver results
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 4+ years of experience in direct marketing Art Direction
- Experience in utilizing a strong brand identity to drive direct response
- Work well under pressure; effectively handle tight deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests and changing priorities
- Ability to multitask, conceptualize, create and work directly with other employees
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret and translate analytic thinking into creative concepts
- A strong portfolio with a range of in-market digital and print work
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs