POSITION: Art Director
WORK EXPERIENCE: Three years of related work experience required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience.
Regular attendance required.
• Collaborates with Creative Manager and Creative Director to provide creative direction, lead ideation and concept development and manage creative projects
• Expert-level proficiency in applicable digital design tools: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Oversees team projects and works independently to complete the most demanding individual projects including the creative development of logo and brand identity systems, web, packaging, retail displays and collateral materials
• Leads team to deliver design solutions to marketing problems that elevate brand and private label brand experience
• Educates and trains graphic designers on technical advancements and best practices
• Participates in the development of creative briefs with stakeholders and presents creative concepts to stakeholders with support from creative management
• Excellent understanding of composition, color theory, imagery, typography, space, scale and grid systems in print and digital design
• Responsible for the creation of style guidelines and/or private label brand guidelines
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment while managing and adhering to multiple deadlines
• Communication - effective listening, speaking and writing skills
• Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
• Ability to build strong partnerships with other members of the marketing team; taking input for designs from various sources and producing a cohesive look for multi-channel projects.
• Supervises Sr. Graphic Designers and/or Graphic Designers.
• Keeps Creative Services Manager informed of workload and elevates concern with potential issues.
• Stays up-to-date on design trends by researching case studies and developing new styles and techniques with an understanding of both design history and trending practices.
• Required to learn and follow company policies, procedures and safety rules.
Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
-Very strong composition and layout skills. For example, some of our current work that we need to elevate is direct mail catalogues geared towards enthusiasts so it is much more polished sense of design then a production practice like our insert.
-Very strong in print media design. The role will grow into the digital world over time but the role is predominantly print.
-Not needed but would be great if they had experience managing people
-Not needed but would be great if they had retail experience
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
POSITION: Art Director