The Art Director (AD) provides design leadership and art direction for the in-house agency. Working in collaboration with a copywriter who develops the verbal portion of concepts, the AD develops visual concepts in response to a creative brief. The AD is responsible for supporting the Creative Director, creative peers, and producer in developing social media marketing collateral and internal communications materials for clients. The Art Director must exhibit outstanding design judgment and work collaboratively with the writing and design team in achieving the highest possible standards for all materials requiring design across all social media channels. The AD needs working knowledge of clients’ business challenges, and leads the art direction to address specific social media marketing objectives as defined by the brief. For select assignments, the AD will also be expected to help develop creative strategies and lead the conceptual development.
• Development of all social assets for social campaigns for multiple lines of business
• Make creative, fun, and social-driven videos and graphics that people will like and share across our platforms
• Partner with Social Media Marketing Teams & agency partners on development of social aspects of integrated campaigns and ensure social components align with overall campaigns
• Create social content for evergreen brand program
• Deep understanding of social channels and design principals for all social platforms
• Able to create nuanced artwork for campaigns which span multiple social channels
• Appetite to create assets for testing & optimizing, based on performance data, often mid campaign
• Strong conceptual thinker, able to see campaign ‘big picture’
• Manage, including updating and maintaining, existing library of images and social film
• Executing the concept and design of marketing assets as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs.
• Provide art direction on small-and large-scale projects from creative conception to completion.
• Converts rough ideas into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches, layout drafts) to illustrate concepts for creative reviews.
• Recommends, researches and develops imagery (e.g., photography, illustration) to support creative strategy and execution.
• Collaborates with copywriter to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives.
• Is accountable for the final development and production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the design and social objectives.
• Ensures brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
• Plays an active role in contributing conceptual ideas in brainstorms or offline creative development.
• Works to improve the integrated team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach
You’ll need to have:
• Degree in design, advertising or related field preferred.
• Minimum of three years professional level experience required; as graphic designer or art director.
• Portfolio required.
Even better if you have:
• Demonstrates proficient expertise in using Adobe Creative Cloud software as required by the job function.
• Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge of the best ways to engage viewers, and a sense of how to tell a powerful story in a short amount of time
• Understands design applications in traditional and emerging channels.
• Contributes in developing initial creative strategies to address core marketing and business objectives.
• Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights
• States opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
• Produces work that adheres to brand standards, but also able to explore new interpretations of the brand and develops out-of-the-box approaches to grow the visual identity of the brand.
• Can take direction well from creative directors.
• Understands that all projects require attention to detail so that work is on-time, on-budget and on-strategy.
• Able to direct photo and video shoots, including prop selection and art direction on set
• Designs decks and presentations for client meetings, proposals, and pitches
• Experience creating and producing content/campaigns for social media
• External agency experience desired, with focus on social media.
• In-House agency experience preferred.
• Demonstrated creative conceptualization skills.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs