Vitamin T has an EXCITING opportunity for an Art Director in Irving, TX.
Only local candidates to Dallas/Fort Worth will be considered.
JOB SCOPE & PURPOSE
The Art Director develops and creates concepts and visual ideas for all forms of communication, advertising, and promotional materials. He/she leads the effort to translate established creative direction into conceptual ideas. He/she collaborates with project teams to plan, analyze, organize, and execute assigned projects by meeting with key stakeholders to assess effectiveness of product imagery and presentation needs. The Art Director is directly responsible for conceptualization and design from start to completion. Overall, this position requires a fresh thinker who embraces challenges as well as new methods of design.
- Creates innovative and conceptual design solutions for advertising or promotional campaigns, websites, email, direct mail, sales or company brochures, environmental graphics, special event or tradeshow materials, newsletters and collateral material
- Works with outside vendors in coordinating projects or monitors accurate completion, as needed
- Participates as a Creative team member in new business development efforts
- Keeps the group creative director, Creative teammates and project manager up to date on project status
- Regularly attends and participates in kickoffs, team meetings, and client presentations
- Collaborates fully with writer and print/digital production to develop solid conceptual ideas and formats that implement strategy and direction from the brief
- Meets with the group creative director, along with the copywriter, to discuss concepts and creative strategy, ensuring that they deliver against the objectives
- Works with the library, researchers, or interview subjects as the project demands
- Synthesizes key project information and applies the resulting knowledge in developing effective and imaginative concepts that support the project’s objectives
- Presents layouts of concepts to Client Service team and then to client for discussion and approval, compellingly and with an authoritative manner
- Examines layouts consistently throughout a project to ensure it is cohesive, including proofing mechanicals and proofs
- Organizes personal work time effectively and works with project manager, ensuring all team members have the necessary time to review layouts and proofs
- Contributes to building a positive agency culture, building positive working relationships with the internal team, other departments, and clients
- Ensures deliverables integrate with all other tactics within a campaign
- Works with Client Service, Technology, and/or SBA to develop and execute accurate solutions for the respective client
- Develops and exhibits strong presentation and negotiation skills
- May work directly with client (in conjunction with internal team)
- Quality and overall impact of deliverables: Strives to achieve executional excellence. Thorough and comprehensive review of all work through every phase of the project. Art directional changes and modifications are clearly and effectively communicated. Ensures brand consistency.
- Team and/or client feedback and satisfaction: Contributes consistently by delivering work that meets the needs of the project. Receives unsolicited, positive feedback from team.
- Commitment to vision and guiding principles of agency and competency: Number one focus is on quality and ensuring that quality is achieved at every stage of the project
- Organizational and/or technical knowledge: Has appropriate knowledge of his/her core competency and our client's integrated service offerings. Maintains proficiency in art direction software and tools.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Minimum of 1-2 years of agency or corporate marketing department experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- Recognized expertise in print/web/online/interactive design, with expert knowledge of the design programs required for that discipline
- Solid knowledge of steps required in creative development process
- Effective problem-solver and good communicator with a demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to direct film, video, and still photo shoots
- Good presentation skills
- Solid brainstorming acumen and ability to lead ideation
- MAC and PC literacy
- Fluent in: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign; motion graphics software proficiency is preferred