Were seeking a retail Art Director to head up the retail design team. The client's retail channel develops complete ready-to-cook meals for sale in grocery stores, club stores, and similar retail environments. The successful design of retail products requires coordination of marketing, culinary, food safety, and partner management teams. The AD must work with retail leadership to ensure the creative development is on brand both from a packaging and retail marketing standpoint. This key role will be able to manage fast paced deadlines as well as work with outside agencies to ensure there is creative cohesion across all retail touch points.
- Fast paced deadlines as well as work with outside agencies to ensure there is creative cohesion across all retail touch points.
- Collaborate with Chief Brand Officer on campaign development, design direction on all POS collateral that support creative floor-sets.
- Liaison between Design, Visual Merchandising, Merchants, Creative Operations to deliver a consistent branded collateral.
- Present concepts to Creative Director and Leadership, guides team through design and implementation of approved concepts through creation of final art for production.
- Responsible for the management of all necessary mock-ups and assets for all standing creative reviews
- Establish and maintain creative brand guides, templates, signage kits and additional instructional formats.
- Update creative marketing specific to retail and marketing requests.
- Marketing Collateral - Develop brand marketing that will support brand needs across multiple channels.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects within specific deadline and creative parameters. Know how to think independently and problem solve.
- Supervise the design of delegated retail pieces, when applicable.
- Special projects
- Branding support, when needed
- Manage outside freelance help as necessary
- Organized, self-motivated, collaborative, detail-oriented and able to independently manage a project from conception to production.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, work within given creative parameters and demanding deadlines and seek ways to improve processes and quality of output within functional areas.
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills are essential.
- Ability to take creative direction and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail, organized, balance multiple tasks, eye for color and design, good communication.
- Hands-on team player, solution-oriented approach.
- Fluent in the fundamentals production and design.
- 4-year bachelor degree in Graphic Design preferred
- 8+ years experience in Art Direction, specific to retail a plus
- Advance knowledge in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, production skills a must. Must be able to create mock-ups
- Portfolio displaying Print, packaging, visual design & production skills specific to retail, creative thinking, project management, leadership, excellent presentation & verbal skills
- Photo direction and photo shoot experience.
Digital Portfolio and Updated Resume Required for consideration of this role. Please make sure you apply with both!