AQUENT is seeking for a mid level Art Director to work for an in house agency in Richmond, VA. The selected talent must have at last 5-7 years of experience, multu-channels, interactive design, web, mobile, social and video. For the right talent (based on performance and budget) this assignment could be an on going assignment that could last up to 2yrs long or convert to full time, based on performance and budget - 40 hours per week, onsite. No remote work.
A DAY IN THE LIFE ON THE JOB:
- Work directly and collaborate with members of the creative team and business partners to develop and produce effective communications.
- Ability to be self-organized and manage multiple and concurrent jobs.
- Facilitate presentations / have strong presentation skills; able to communicate tactically and strategically.
- Work with outside vendors, agency partners and internal process management teams.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of advertising and marketing trends and translates business intent into creative strategies and deliverables that market products effectively.
- Demonstrate understanding of intended audience; interpret market research and test results, use findings to focus targeted marketing messages.
- Facilitate brainstorm sessions; recognizes ideas that should go forward.
- Monitor projects to ensure creative intent is not diluted.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Web, mobile and social experience a plus.
- Experience: 4-year degree (preferred) in design or similar discipline.
- 6+ years design and art direction experience.
- Portfolio: Mid to High-budget print projects and campaigns involving supervising other designers.
- Demonstrates industry, conceptual and technical diversity.
- Likely to see unusual or unconventional formats.
- Brochures, videos, storyboards, ad comps, showing evidence of “thinking outside the box” while achieving goals.
- Industry Knowledge: Direct Mail and/or web design experience required within any industry, (Financial Services, preferred).
- Brings processes, technology or people solutions to the table with regard the design or print process.
- Proven ability to coach and challenge design team to improve the effectiveness of creative.
- Technical Knowledge: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are required.
- Acrobat helpful. Web program experience also helpful: Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver.