A. Position Summary:
Our top cable network client is looking for an Art Director for a 6 month contract onsite in Century City. This position has potential to turn into a FT role. This department develops best-in-class, consumer-facing entertainment experiences that help build and sustain lasting franchises while immersing our audiences worldwide, year-round, and for years to come in our extraordinary brands. In concert with the SVP, the Art / Creative Director is responsibilities include managing the creative aspect of projects from helping to define a creative vision; create any style guides as needed, and approvals for use of logos and branded asset in all projects and marketing materials from a branding standpoint. The Art / Creative Director oversees the development of creative assets as per the needs of a given project and make sure all executions and intended use are aligned with brand requirements. The candidate also art directs visual designs when appropriate and is responsible for recruiting and managing third party designers, graphic artists, illustrators and other necessary creative professionals as warranted by the particular needs of a given project
B. Key Responsibilities:
• Partner in the execution of conceptual strategies by directing the creation of style guides, integration of logo/branded elements, use of color and typography, style photography, and translation of renderings into real world experiences.
• Oversee and direct the execution of all applicable branded project elements to ensure overall quality and accuracy.
• Direct all use of creative elements, including logos, IP, and assets for assigned project that affect guest experience.
• Participate in the story development and execution for assigned project and evolve as necessary to maintain the creative intent and deliver the intended experience.
• Work closely with the Director, Location Based Entertainment to translate brand promise into compelling experiences that meet client’s expectations and drive revenue.
• Work closely with internal and external partners to develop creative assets that extend past the brand.
• Develop and refine logos and graphical elements for partner use.
• Design branding materials, marketing materials, promotions and style guides.
• Create PowerPoint templates and presentation materials for new business pitch meetings and partner presentations.
• Develop and maintain compatible working relationships with licensees and agency partners, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to ensure cohesive creative strategy and execution.
• Other creative duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• 5 to 7 years as total professional design experience with an understanding of and experience with design for location based entertainment.
• 3 to 5 years entertainment industry experience.
• Training in and/or a demonstrable understanding of the basic principles of art including perspective, lighting, balance, and color relationships.
• Strong leader who is a customer-obsessed, inspiring, and capable of forging strong cross-team partnerships with other business leaders and executives.
• Strong executive presence with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience setting creative direction and design aesthetic, and defining durable mechanisms to enforce high standards for design excellence.
• Excellent creative development skills with a history that includes the invention of brand design language, as well as line extensions and brand evolution.
• Stylistically flexible.
• Ability to consistently generate and execute new ideas.
• Ability to direct the design of others (both internal staff, and external partners and creative agencies).
• Proven track record that includes: people and vendor management, timeline management, product & content development, negotiating skills and budget management.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills to manage both internal and external resources and work in a collaborative cross-functional team.
• Expert knowledge of design software including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to travel domestically and internationally.
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.