Large Media and Entertainment company in Burbank is seeking an Art Director to join their team. This position will focus on the brand's comic collectibles creative product development including art direction, freelancer communication and act as a liaison to the production team.
Job Responsibilities - % of Time
1. Assists or leads in the design and execution of assigned products including managing of freelancers, schedules and creative budget - 30%
2. Creates 2D elements and designs for product support - 20%
3. Showcases assigned product using still photography and digital video - 15%
4. Evaluates and creatively approves all packaging for assigned products - 10%
5. Locates, vets and develops sculptors and painters while pairing them with appropriate projects - 5%
6. Liaises with Production team for any creative review during manufacturing period - 5%
7. Maintains the creative development info and schedule for assigned products - 5%
8. Participates and assists in new product category development on an annual basis - 5%
9. Performs other duties as assigned - 5%
- Minimum of 5 years Art & Design experience
- Industrial design or equivalent schooling preferred
- Experience with articulated plastic product required
- Experience with poly-resin materials preferred
- Previous product development experience preferred
- Previous collectibles, toy or gift industry production experience a plus
- Experience with quality control and manufacturing a plus
- Previous comic industry experience a plus
- Proven track record of working with teams in cross functional, dynamic, fluid office environment
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- College degree in industrial design, toy design or other applicable design related field or equivalent toy industry experience required.
- Effective and proven verbal and written skills required. Must have proven track-record demonstrating capability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Must be comfortable working in a team.
- Ability to creatively direct a product from concept through manufactured completion required.
- Ability to create accurate electronic art direction and correction as well as determine color required.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills as well as great attention to detail required.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have ability to track deadlines and schedules and fulfill deliverable dates while handling high volume of work.
- Ability to work with confidential material required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator required.
- Intermediate proficiency with Adobe InDesign required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and MAC OS required.
- Knowledge of articulation assembly and capabilities preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of plastic properties and resin materials a plus.
- Knowledge and proficiency of 3D Modeling software a plus, specifically Z-brush, Rhino and Auto Cad
- Figure and/or mechanical drawing a plus
- Digital photography skills a plus
- Knowledge of retail product and premium production processes a plus.
- Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.