We are looking for a talented Art Director for a fantastic opportunity with our client (based on the north side of Indianapolis). They are looking for someone who is experienced in working with diverse teams in a collaborative, innovative and fast-paced agency environment. In this position, you will develop design solutions for their clients and set the overall creative style for campaigns, events, animated videos and immersive experiences within their budgets and deadlines.
To be considered for this position, they are looking for that person who goes above and beyond! Someone who has a better way to do things. Someone who has the passion to translate complex science into engaging and memorable visual stories. Does this sound like you?
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of designers, web developers, 3D artists, medical writers, project managers, and agency/vendor partners while contributing to group meetings and leading brainstorming sessions
- Clearly and confidently present concepts to internal teams and clients
- Proactively communicate with team members on ongoing concept/project status
- Mentor and inspire team members both inside and outside your department
- Build and nurture close relationships with vendor partners
- Apply design thinking, insight, and research to generate out-of-the-box creative solutions
- Envision experiences for live events, animations, videos, and virtual and augmented reality and translate them into working designs
- Translate raw, complex information into engaging visual materials through data visualization, infographics, imagery, and interactivity
- Write creative briefs and create comps and storyboards to allow graphic designers to contribute to the production of these deliverables
- You’re flexible
This person must be able to expertly juggle a variety of simultaneous projects including: highly designed PowerPoint presentations, program workbooks, signage, invitations, HTML emails, banners, website designs, interactive documents, campaign branding, event experiences, 3D mechanism of action/disease state videos, virtual reality experiences, 2D illustrations, flat art iconography, and infographics.
- A sophisticated sense of design with excellent execution
- Amazing typography design skills and a great eye for color and layout
- A discerning eye for photo editing, cropping, and compositing
- The ability to prepare and direct art with correct specifications for use in print or digital media
- Organizational skills and the ability to maintain the security of sensitive documents
- The ability to apply quality controls to ensure project approval readiness
- Understanding of complex client approval processes
- Mac OS and Windows
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- HTML and web design skills; knowledge of 2D/3D animation a plus
- Passion to innovate and do great things
- Drive to “own” projects through accountability, success, and results
- Ability to build trust through sound judgment and reasoning
- Positive attitude and energy
- Excellent ability to identify and mitigate any negative team or cross-functional behavior
- Desire to build positive team relationships
- Bachelor’s eDgree in visual communication, or comparable degree/experience, with 8 or more years total experience.
- Pharmaceutical marketing/advertising and/or healthcare marketing/advertising experience a plus.