The client is the leading e-commerce kids clothing subscription service, looking for an Art Director to join their team for a contract-to-hire, 40 hrs/wk onsite role in San Francisco, CA.
As Art Director, you will be responsible for our highly visible acquisition & growth funnel that communicates to potential customers, as well as our VIPS and loyal consumers – this includes: paid media ads, landing pages, emails, promotions, education material, and site assets, packaging, photoshoots, overall brand look and feel. Working on multiple types of projects, you’ll have to be good at managing your time and priorities as well as resourceful and flexible. As the Art Director you’ll be expected to tackle multiple projects at once and coach more junior designers in their craft. You will be an inspirational leader that loves new ideas and ways to develop deeper relationships with our consumer.
This position will report to the VP of Creative.
- Lead Creative team of designers, videographer to create and execute all branded content across all consumers
- Concept monthly photoshoots that support overall collection goals in conjunction with brand feel
- Inspire and motivate teams to create strong and compelling work that drives our brand forward
- Work seamlessly with cross functional partners to ensure project success
- Create visually compelling designs that are aligned with our brand and business strategy and appeal to internal & external audiences
- Shape marketing content by distilling complex messages into compelling yet simple visual narratives, utilizing a keen eye for typography, hierarchy and layout to produce emotional and engaging communications
- Direct the aesthetic for all promotions while being creative with typography, tone and color. Lead custom designs for each promotion, with execution of supporting assets both throughout the site and email experience.
- Have a skilled eye for going through a multitude of photos and selecting the best images for our ads, landing pages and non-members site experience.
- Stay abreast of current trends and love researching. We are always sharing creative that inspire us and sparks new ideas to work towards.
- Mentor and provide design feedback to junior designers when needed.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- Extensive graphic design experience and an eye for detail, great creative and typography. (i.e. Brand advocate)
- The ability to synthesize complex project requests by asking great questions to clarify, refine, and understand the scope of the problem you’re solving.
- The ability to adjust quickly to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities.
- A scrappy, resourceful approach to projects — you’re proactive and great at self assigning tasks.
- A passion for unpacking and solving complex problems where there are many dependencies and interactions with different systems or areas.
- An ability to connect the dots and solve problems across all business touch points.
- E-commerce, retail/etail industry experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
NICE TO HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- Photo experience on set
- Growth marketing and designing for customer acquisition experience
**An updated portfolio must be provided to be considered for this role
If you're interested or know someone who is, please apply now or email me directly with your updated portfolio, annual salary and hourly rate, and availability to interview/start!