ART DIRECTOR – CREATIVE SERVICES
Art Director needed to lead branding initiative that includes environmental and other media to support internal communications strategy for Fortune 500 corporate campus. Starts immediately developing and furthering concepts to flesh out story for initial presentation, selections and work to execute together with design and production team. Possibility to continue log term and full-time. Most of the work can be done onsite or offsite. Some time must be spent onsite at the campus location near I-10 and Beltway 8 to develop concepts and collaborate with design team as well as being an integral presence in meetings and delivering presentations.
The Art Director works with the internal Creative Services department - servicing internal clients as well as external partners and vendors. The Art Director should have strong communication skills, should be detail-oriented, and should have the ability to think creatively to deliver creative concepts, design and execution of both print and digital projects. The Art Director is responsible to:
- Learn about client needs, goals, target markets, ideas, and challenges
- Have solid understanding of design, typography, color, composition and art direction
- Present concept visualization through sketches, drawings and/or illustrations
- Oversee design changes and improvements throughout the development process
- Integrate technical and visual solutions into a design concept
- Understand trends within the scope of the industry
- Act as steward for products and brands.
- Act as an advisor.
- Gathers information on communication objectives, audience, budget and deadlines and then works to achieve maximum results of each.
- Effectively represents creative in meetings and one-on-one with Project Managers and clients.
- Exhibits superior presentation and analytical skills.
- Conceptualizes creative solutions that effectively communicate the strategic intent within the assigned product(s) including concept, design and development.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and possess strong problem-solving, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Should take a customer-driven approach to creating marketing and advertising materials.
- Allocates time wisely and effectively in order to meet multiple deadlines.