Are you a freelance Art Director or Brand Designer looking for a challenging and interesting project to start off the New Year?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you…
Aquent Studios provides custom-tailored consulting and outsourcing solutions in the realm of marketing communications, content development and creative media. We are beginning a new communications project for the Chief Administrator’s Office (CAO) of a large government agency. Our client is launching a workplace transformation initiative and we are looking for a local Art Director to lead the development of a new branding plan for the client.
In the next three years our client will move to a new centralized campus that will be the first major office space transformation the agency has undergone in over a decade. The client has commenced a Pilot Project to test and evaluate the mobility concepts that will be put into practice at the new HQ facility with the goal of helping their associates facilitate this change in their work life. This workplace transformation requires robust strategic communication services, including visible executive sponsorship, and frequent stakeholder communications to successfully transition the workforce to accept new and more mobile ways of working.
Scope of Work
In collaboration with key stakeholders and other program contributors, the Art Director will develop collateral content that will educate, encourage, and promote the use of the Mobile Space. The Art Director will work with the Strategic Communications Consultant and the Client to develop a brand strategy for the Project. The Art Director will develop the branding plan and key elements for a CAO Brand, including image elements, colors, messages, vehicles, policies, and standards/guidelines. The CAO brand will be leveraged and used across all CAO products and services. The client will provide photography and images.
Elements of Branding Plan include:
- Art direction: iconography, typography, visual assets, color palettes will be defined to support the brand strategy
- Content framework and content development to support targeted messaging to educate and reinforce the goals of the Mobile Office initiatives
- Project timeline for the dissemination of content for both print and digital
- Technical specifications for all digital deliveries, including SharePoint, e-mail templates, electronic surveys, videos
Deliverables for Pilot Project will include workstation signage, exhibit display, brochure, large poster and flyers.
Timing & Location
The Project will commence the week January 5th and will average 16-24 hours per week. The branding plan is scheduled to be completed on February 9th and the remaining deliverables on February 23rd. The Art Director will schedule and attend frequent meetings on site at the client offices in Arlington through the duration of the project.
Skills & Abilities Required
The ideal candidate has experience designing marketing, branding and identity work and has an intuitive understanding of how great creative can drive the business goals. This person will possess excellent creative, analytical, and communication abilities. He or she must be a team player who works well partnering with management and others in cross-functional roles to achieve creative goals.
- Strong conceptual and design ability coupled with business acumen and customer focus. Experience in brand guide creation preferred.
- Exceptional portfolio composed of a range of original creative projects for print and digital that showcases solid understanding of graphic design principles (typography, photo direction, layout, color theory, imagery, etc.).
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels.
- Capable of managing projects from inception to finish. Works well with others to deliver results; keeps others informed to avoid unnecessary surprises.
- Experience working in a professional setting, ideally in-house creative department or agency.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communication arts, or design preferred.