Art Director / Brand Ambassador
Description: You are a visual story teller, you live to create and love being a part of a dynamic team that values your knowledge and skillset. You have been an art director for 8 years or more, and have nurtured less experienced designers to broaden their skills and capabilities each day. You lead with strength and believe in your craft, but you are humble enough to understand that our CEO is passionate about the vision for his brand and happy to be his right arm, in developing and maintaining the integrity of it moving forward. You’ll play a key role in helping the company position, protect, and promote its brand(s).
Online portfolio required for consideration.
- Digest and understand corporate identity, branding guidelines and technical restraints required in an omnichannel environment.
- Lead digital projects for desktop and mobile with a focus on UI and interaction.
- Report to CMO and work closely with Founder to shadow, learn his tastes and become the ultimate expert, guardian and ambassador for the brand(s).
- Create and maintain the integrity of the brand and ensure the corporate message is consistently delivered across all mediums.
- Translate creative vision and help define and refine effective campaigns between business, content creators and designers.
- Maintain an efficient, collaborative and engaging work environment for designers while keeping corporate goals and initiatives in sight.
- Maintain a communicative and active leadership role to build an environment that encourages highly creative projects and keeps creative team on track and meeting, and setting deadlines.
- Helping develop bold, creative strategies for print, digital and web properties.
- Developing creative concepts and designing communications such as advertising, brochures and collateral material.
- Ability to effectively tell stories and create emotion through design.
- Always keeping current with what’s new and trending in design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid foundation in UX principles
- Expert level with tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Omnigraffle, HTML, et al.)
- Solid understanding of interactive design principles with an interest in breaking the "rules" and pushing boundaries
- Familiar working with development teams a plus
- Clean aesthetic with magical and superior design skills
- Knowledgeable of current (best practices) marketing campaign tactics
- Strong and flexible contribution to brainstorming and ideation
- Master at setting schedules and leading a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge and experience on initiatives spanning brand development, advertising, marketing, and digital branding
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
- Must be a true team player that is focused on the “we” results
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Design, Advertising, Graphic Arts or equivalent combination of experience
- 8+ years of experience and 5 years of managerial experience in a relevant creative field
- 5+ years of UX/UI design experience of digital products
This role will report directly to the CMO/CEO and will have 10 direct reports.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Art Director / Brand Ambassador