Medical Communications agency seeks part-time Art Director to create, execute and manage creative projects for the company/agency. The Art Director is responsible for collaboration with management and support teams to ensure client programs are implemented with strategic insight, exceptional creative and outstanding customer service. This is a part-time role (10-20 hours/week), with the potential to become permanent and full-time for the right person. The Art Director would need to work at least one day onsite (in La Jolla). The deliverables will mostly be print collateral (80%), and other digital assets (about 20%).
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
• Manages scope change process for all assigned jobs
• Provide art direction to creative staff to ensure project objectives are met or exceeded
• Develop and oversee outstanding design solutions for the company and its clients
• Provide day-to-day management assistance and ongoing communications to internal teams regarding design-related material development, ensuring delivery of excellent print, multimedia and online materials
• Attend internal meetings with sales, client services, meeting services, traffic and other key personnel to discuss project status, etc.
• Develop and support best practice protocols for project teams to facilitate efficient processes and high quality control standards
• Contribute to new business creative, strategic and program development
• Help ensure the creative staff works within agreed-upon financial and time budgets
• Provide appropriate information and suggestions for proposal development and business projection when asked
• Offer cost-saving measures and encourage coworkers to do the same
• Maintain art supplies/resources for the design studio