• Understand users’ wants, needs, expectations and current behaviors and document these user findings through personas, user experience models, and discovery findings presentations. Represent the voice of the user with both internal teams and the client throughout the life-cycle of the project
• Understand our clients’ business and brand strategies and help activate those strategies through innovative experience
• Make sense of a complex information space and propose information architectures that are both logical and scalable
• Design across platforms including tablet, mobile and social media channels. Understand what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
• Understand and champion basic usability best practices and principles and how these principles can come to life in interactions for our clients. Know when it’s OK to violate principles for the sake of the larger digital experience
• Document proposed page hierarchies, navigation schemas, taxonomy and nomenclature through sitemap documentation and user flows. A Senior Interaction Designer is expected to own more complex project efforts and documentation
• Create interaction diagrams and page level wireframes that are clear and thorough. Know what level of fidelity is appropriate to best communicate the site vision to both internal and client teams and understand the best way to present the work and get buy-in from the client.
• Collaborate closely with strategists, visual designers, copywriters, technologists and client services professionals to come up with solutions that are achievable and realistic given time and budget constraints. No egos please.
Desired skills and experience:
• 5-7 years experience applying design thinking to achieve business objectives by resolving user needs via sketches, wireframes, site maps, and prototypes of varying degrees of fidelity.
• A love of performance metrics for specific interaction patterns in different contexts.
• Must be organized, able to act independently and juggle multiple workstreams.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills that allow you to build rapport with coworkers across disciplines, and clients across industries.
• Ability to both listen and be understood in informal team meetings and high priority client presentations. Experience presenting design rationale informed by insight and backed by data.
• Familiarity with a variety of software products including the Adobe Creative Suite, and tools like Axure, Omnigraffle, and Sketch, and InVision.
• Empathy for users, an innate curiosity, and a hunger for solving problems.
• Careful attention to detail, particularly in formal, client-facing documentation and deliverables.
• Proven ability to work on multiple projects, often with budget constraints as well as tight timelines.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs