Global Brand Imaging provides compelling and informative imagery that
elevates the brand vision. The Hillsboro Photo Studio is seeking a Photo Art
Director, primarily focused on footwear & equipment, to drive image consistency
through the image creation process which includes styling, photography and postproduction.
You will work across cross-functional teams of Stylists, Photographers,
Producers, Editors, Operations and internal clients in a high volume and fast-paced
production environment to deliver premium product imagery. The successful
candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all images adhere to current
expectations while partnering with stakeholders to evolve the style guide. Qualified
candidates will be detail-oriented, exceptionally well-organized, have a positive
attitude, and work well with others.
• As the on-set Art Director you’ll be responsible for the execution and on-time
delivery of Premium quality photography across multiple photo bays.
• Focus will be on quality, consistency, timeliness, managing resources to
budget, strategic resource planning as well as day-to-day operations.
• Lead and co-manage photographers and styling staff who will execute
seasonal production and projects assigned to the studio.
• You will interact with Senior Level Management while working across the
entire brand enterprise to communicate status on key imaging projects and
• Drive a culture of Continuous Improvement that is always looking for simpler
and better ways to deliver studio objectives.
• Anticipate and resolve creative challenges by using appropriate resources
• Document and lead implementation of improved workflow methodologies.
• Cross-train photographers and stylist teams to be able to execute apparel,
footwear and equipment photo styling and shooting to adhere to brand
style guide standards.
• Own and drive Studio style guide standard implementation.
• Closely partner with Operations, Producing, Post Production, Reporting and
Technology teams to ensure alignment on season and yearly priorities.
• Reports directly to Senior Director of Creative Operations.
Qualifications / Experience
• Subject matter expertise in the commercial photography industry is a must.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of leading and managing largescale
imaging businesses from the ground up for major apparel, footwear and
soft-line brands, with a real-world knowledge of what wins and what fails in
the photo business.
• 5 years in commercial photography as a creative lead.
• Demonstrable experience with standard operational reporting formats, KPI’s
and SLA’s; as well as defining the metrics critical to staffing models.
• Organizational experience at the senior management level, as a leader of
• Deep and demonstrable experience with on-set standards, practices, and
• Flexible and able to adapt to last minute additions to schedules and changes
• Self-motivated, results oriented and well organized
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Specific experience with e-commerce photography Art Directing
• Bachelor Degree or higher