The Graphic Designer will join the Marketing Communications department of a fast paced, growing global biotech company. This individual must be a creative, energetic team player with strong organizational skills and focus on detail. The right candidate must be will to take direction and work effectively within tight time constraints and be able to organize, prioritize and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment. The candidate must have the ability to accurately and creatively present data design. We require knowledge of Mac OS X design print production process, and Adobe Creative Suites. 3D rendering or animation program knowledge is a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Key Responsibilities of the Job:
• Create marketing collateral to support sales force.
• Develop promotional product creative and advertisements.
• Work with various Luminex departments in creation of Collateral, Specification Sheets, Sell Sheets and other materials.
• Assist in creation of graphics for website, product landing pages and email blasts.
• Design assistance for trade show booths.
• Prepare light copy writing for internal use: trade shows.
• Other duties as deemed appropriate by Management.
• Must be proficient in graphic and web applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
• Must have strong computer skills, including expert proficiency in PowerPoint and other MS Office applications and the ability to learn new software applications quickly
• Strong layout and production skills
• Meticulous attention to detail with excellent proofreading skills
• Must be able to produce quality work under tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team player, but also able to multi-task and prioritize jobs independently
• Knowledge of corporate branding standards desired.
• Basic HTML knowledge preferred or willingness to learn.
• Degree in Graphic Design or related area or 1-2 years layout and design experience
Required Certifications/License/Special Skills:
• Preferred skills
o Web publishing experience
o Life science or clinical diagnostic experience
Required Work Experience:
• Preferred 1-2 years graphic design experience