Specific Expected Contributions
· Represents department to both external and internal clients and builds positive and mutually beneficial relationships.
· Provides technical reviews of drawings and other submittals for franchised or managed projects to ensure conformance with brand design standards.
· Provide conceptual design studies, sketch plans, and criteria/facilities programs for projects as required.
· Applies design talent to problem solving design exercises to achieve cost efficient results that align with the brand standards and the brand strategy.
· Communicates and coordinates with internal disciplines to ensure the integration of relevant input in project reviews.
· Coordinates review/approval (with participation from appropriate disciplines) of variances from brand standards requested by owners due to specific project circumstances.
· Provides information, interpretation, and guidance to outside owners and their consultants, as well as internal design and construction staff, for adapting brand standards to specific projects.
· Leads conversion scope site visits and prepares Property Improvement Plans (PIPs).
· Maintains and updates project review templates and quality control checklists.
· Prepares recommendations for design changes to address customer satisfaction data, operational concerns, brand initiatives, and development strategies.
· Supervises, directs, motivates, and trains assigned staff and outside consultants as necessary.
· Tracks and maintains project data and milestones utilizing a database tool.
· Assists Design Strategies team in the maintenance and development of brand prototype documentation.
· Maintains clear communication with all department management levels and advises/consults on sensitive owner or project issues.
· Assists with quantity take-offs and FF&E bills of materials to support the procurement process
· Potential Travel: US / Canada – 25% travel is anticipated for this position
· Manages time allocation on projects in accordance with specific project budgets, deadlines, and/or direction established by Senior Management.
· Reports to Senior Managers / Directors for policy guidance, methods, and systems support matters. Supports Senior Managers / Directors in monitoring, reviewing, and expediting drawing submittals.
Specific Candidate Profile
· 4-year undergraduate degree in Architecture or related design discipline from an accredited college or university.
· A minimum of 6-8 years of progressive experience in architectural design at a design firm for large commercial or hospitality projects.
· A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the preparation and coordination of architectural construction documents and coordination of consultants.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills / excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work well in a high volume, fast-paced environment as a member of a collaborative team
· Good architectural design skills, technical and project management skills.
· Good business judgment and creative problem solving attributes.
· Strong conceptual design/freehand sketching and/or digital presentation abilities.
· Computer skills: electronic mark-up software, word processing, spreadsheet, database, CAD.