The Applications Support team is responsible for the maintenance, installation, and support of all KeepStock applications. In addition, the Applications Support team works closely with Customer Service organization to identify, manage, and resolve customer issues and engagement problems.
Major responsibilities and duties:
- Help create/improve production support processes including specifics for non-standard applications (e.g., 3rd party managed apps)
- Execute the production support processes
Ensure appropriate and timely communication is disseminated to key stakeholders, leadership, and affected groups for production support, planned maintenance, and planned release activities.
- Execute critical thinking and problem solving skills to narrow/identify likely root cause of issues.
- Establish and manage production triage sessions including all collaborative tools (e.g., audio bridges, chat rooms, etc.).
- Help recommend technical/production roadmap initiatives for implementation by Application Support team, software development team, or other operations groups.
- Provide On-call support for the applications regarding scheduled and unscheduled outages.
- Manage/validate application releases with appropriate support teams
- Help replicate production issues in the support or test environments to provide detailed information for the development team to resolve issues.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in all supported systems. Should focus on stability, extensibility, availability, and efficiency of managed systems.
- Manage the Knowledge base repository for applications under your responsibility.
- Work with development team to document and handover new features to application and customer support teams.
- Proactively monitor the system and ensure it is functioning correctly on a daily basis.
- Competent with SQL and Linux command skills
- Understanding of .NET application environments including IIS and SQL Server
- Experience with EDI messaging applications
- Experience in the use of an issue logging and tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Demonstrated understanding of High Availability (HA) architectures
- Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or other related field
- Change-management experience, including appropriate prioritization and risk analysis activities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across organizations, to business partners, and to technical leadership
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software applications, technical toolsets, and business processes
- Superb oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs