Application Engineer - London - Up to £470 per day
Our client is a market leading Travel Company and they are looking for a Applications Engineer to join their diverse, talented Product Development and Application Engineering team.
Based in their Angel office; you’ll be working closely with a range of designers, engineers and product people to provide creative solutions across our product; tackling unique design challenges, improving the user journey, and putting smiles on our customer’s face.
- Provide proactive engineering and release deliverables, resulting in Products and services with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact.
- Develop and demonstrate detailed, proactive ownership for supported systems, including configurations, monitoring and documentation.
- Work closely with Product Development to bring an engineering perspective to the development project teams; and on requirements, solution design, issue identification and resolution, and problem solving and planning related to production issues and software releases.
- Own the Application Engineering deliverables within a project, such as Production requirements, Application Engineering design documents, and Release and Implementation plans.
- Identify security and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network and application.
- Participate in initiatives to design and optimise Production and Lab environments.
- Provide feedback and guidance to product development teams on adherence to policies, standards, and operational best practices.
- Establish and monitor key performance benchmarks.
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity.
- Provide technical expertise identifying issues that impact release and service delivery.
- Develop and maintain internal documentation.
- Strong Infrastructure as code (IaC) such as Terraform
- Core Network Sevices - DNS, DHCP, IPam
- Strong Linux