As our Apparel Digital Visualization Designer, Digital Innovation, you'll generate product visualizations for design teams looking to improve on their ability to concept, critique and confirm apparel product decisions. You’ll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to compile all design inputs to allow for best-in-class visualizations. You’ll produce digital design outputs by creating and utilizing 3D apparel chassis simulations, material physical properties, 2D texture assets, and 3D accessories. You’ll use your digital skills and design talents to facilitate successful projects, working independently as well as collaboratively.
You’ll partner with Product Innovation Leads, Category Designers across product, color and graphics to assist in identify new tools and process that further enable and accelerate innovative product visualization. You’ll execute solutions that deliver results, while meeting complex challenges with creativity and energy.
• Collect and organize 3D and 2D Assets that will go into creating best-in-class Apparel Visualizations.
• Create material libraries that capture physical as well as visual characteristics to be utilized in a 3D workflow.
• Prepare 3D body assets for use in 3D apparel simulation software.
• Manipulate and prepare 3D simulations to produce visually accurate results that can be exported to other 3D packages.
• Collect, manipulate and prepare 3D Accessories for the use with the body and apparel assets (footwear, socks, hats, etc…)
• Provide input for product owners to define scope and requirements for digital assets.
• Provide input to design, business, and technical teams to ensure feasibility of designs against the budget and overall product/platform needs.
• Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality, including participation in visual QA and hand-offs to development teams.
• Communicate effectively around project needs, deadlines and goals.
• Participate in team meetings and ensure that stated objectives and agendas are being pursued collaboratively.
• Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, and make decisions, while involving people at the optimal levels for project success.
• Be passionate about delivering a premium solution but find ways of producing it that do not jeopardize schedule and budget.
• Actively gain and share knowledge of industry standards and digital design trends and conventions.
• Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art, or Computer Science
• Several examples of successful product visualizations.
• At least 4+ years’ experience in 3D modeling and rendering
• Digital product design experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with large and complex systems of interactions
• An understanding of 3D rendering workflows and production
• Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as communicate and influence across organizations
• Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Modeling (i.e. Blender, Modo), 3D animation, rendering software and related workflows.
• Apparel product design experience is a plus
• Apparel simulation (Clo3D, Marvelous Designer) experience is a plus
• Experience with game engine production and asset creation is a plus
• Can work with grace under pressure
• Excellent oral and written communication skills