Supports and assists the design team during the product creation and design process. Provides design team with design production support and technical design. May be assigned design projects for continual design development.
Assists category team in bringing to life the seasonal product creative direction through the creation of product and garment illustrations / sketches.
- Assist with and prepare for prototype requests, including but not limited to sketching.
- Maintain prototype files and design tools.
- Organize and coordinate samples, materials, and trims.
- Assist in preparing presentations, gathering / creating presentation materials and building rig spaces.
- Create and develop tools needed for the Design team (i.e Trim Tracker, Illustrator Tools for Designers etc.)
- Function as the team expert in technical drawing tools such as Illustrator and InDesign
- Remain fluent in physical prototyping tools and resources (i.e InDesign, Illustrator, HIVE, BRS, and Knit Center)
- Research and building mood / inspiration boards for the team
- Build awareness of current trends, color, and sport-related products through market research.
- Build schematics for category apparel product details such as trims and graphics
- Gather samples for photo shoots, presentations or leadership reviews.
- Build triad relationships to enable design and product collaboration
- Maintain and keep track of all seasons and all styles for the category.