General Position Summary:
Support efforts to achieve costing vision of competitive, predictable, and sustainable total costs for apparel and accessories.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Develop processes and tools to enable design-to-cost capabilities and cost predictability within apparel & accessory creation teams
• A Project to build a database for automatically extract details from Excel cost sheets, include multiple options for reporting details and summary information
o Build MS Excel Macros for Excel style cost sheets to create one flat file, adding the header fields that are not down, etc., and
o Build database query to compare cost sheet items with the guideline that we have and create variance reports
o Flat file to reference standard data tables and input into various columns (Sizing, Finance, Freight, etc)
o Build product type and other reports with various levels of summary data and details (by country, factory, etc.)
o Build Variance reports
o Build Material and trim reports
o Integrate Forecast and production data from other excel files/database
o Integrate style silhouette images into reports
• Support effort to document standard operating procedures for Cost standardization in apparel costing process, across PD, Sourcing, Materials, and LO teams
• Support improvements in cost estimation accuracy, by documenting guidelines and cost standards on various apparel costing elements
• Support the development of training for PD/Sourcing/Merchandising/LO staff as needed, on new costing processes and tools
• Lead validation of costs reporting for top volume styles
Maintains positive open lines of communication with all staff in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by Sr. Costing Mgr/or Sr. Costing Analyst
Job involves some re-occurring work situations with regular variations from the norm, requiring the incumbent to be flexible and innovative. Job involves a high degree of complexity. Will operate from newly developed and some established practices and procedures, is required to determine own and sometimes contributes to the development of new ones. Work is performed under a moderate level of supervision, and is checked or verified generally on a project or assignment basis. Decisions are made within general policy constraints. Errors in judgment can cause discrepancies in margin evaluation.
This job is not supervisory in nature.
Contacts are normally made with others inside the organization. Internal contacts include Product Development, Sourcing, Planning, Materials Research, Liaison Office staff, Merchandising, Design, and IS.
Interactions tend to focus on information exchange. Contacts may be made via the request of managers or on own initiative, occurring via phone/email and with face-to-face interaction.
Job involves some recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm. Incumbent follows established departmental practices and procedures. Duties are performed with specific directions and work is checked or verified visually and by results. Decisions are made within specific departmental guidelines.
Specific Job Skills
• Strong analytical skill required, including high proficiency and advanced MS Excel skills, including V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, Macro writing, VBA, XLM upload to database, MS Access Query and report writing.
• Math and Statistical Analysis skills
• Requires excellent organizational skills and attention to details
• Strong communication and problem solving skills. Requires a well-developed ability to read, write, and speak English, in relation to topics of a complex or technical nature.
• Mental ability required to manage interpersonal interactions of a complex and critical nature.
• Requires a working knowledge of apparel development and manufacturing, and associated costs
• Physical ability to use telephone, computer hardware/software including keyboard, type, sit for extended periods of time, make repetitive hand/wrist movements. Interest in increasing knowledge about textiles and the garment production process is required.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or related equivalent experience
• 3-5 years experience in industry-related data analysis, Database systems, Database Query writing and reporting, apparel manufacturing, and/or apparel development is preferred
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
General Position Summary: