As an Illustration/AE (After Effects) Animator for 9+ months, you’ll be responsible for the illustrations and animations for a home automation product, working across both mobile app and web. Team members combine great visual sense with a deep understanding of the subtle nuance that makes a complex product feel simple and intuitive. You should have an inspiring portfolio, great design sense, a love for visual storytelling, and the ability to clearly articulate how a product should work. This company strives to create products that people love to use and welcome into their home.
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables
- Create production-ready assets that use all the capabilities of the latest industry technology
- Utilize a modern and elegant visual language that spans devices
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Create illustrations, animations, and icons, communicating complex concepts simply and clearly
- Author, iterate, and maintain documentation including storyboards, flows, prototypes, animations, etc
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams of designers, engineers and product managers
- BFA, BA, or BS degree in design or a related discipline
- 3+ years experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and similar tools
- 3+ years experience with Adobe After Effects animation
- Advanced digital illustration and AE animation skills
- Excellent visual standards and obsessive attention to detail
- Relevant experience in creating production assets for iOS, Android and/or Web applications.
- Strong sense of visual composition and balance
- Understand concepts of perspective drawing, modeling and shadowing of forms to look multidimensional.
- Ability to illustrate in different styles
Nice to Have Skills:
- Ability to distill complex processes into simple, clear, user interactions
- Excellent written communication & documentation skills
- High organization and efficiency working with multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with creating animations with Lottie.
- Knowledge of past and present illustration styles and trends