For this assignment, the consumer software team at Aquent's client is looking for an enthusiastic artist/programmer to help them design, implement, and optimize real-time procedural effects for an upcoming software release. It's a great opportunity to work with top designers and see your artwork used by millions of people on different devices.
- Ability to visualize and animate conceptual ideas
- Demonstrated experience creating procedural animations
- Experience creating serene, ambient animations
- Demonstrated experience with Metal, OpenGL, or similar GPU API
- Experience with shaders (GLSL, HLSL, Metal shading language, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
In this role, you will create ambient, procedural animations for a future software release. You will be working closely with designers and engineers to come up with ideas for animations, prototype them, and implement them using Metal or SceneKit.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating animations that: look great, feel smooth, and provide a "wow" factor that leaves audiences impressed. Relevant experience may include films, broadcast television, multimedia art installations, online shader galleries, or demo scene content. Ideal work experience would include cutting-edge techniques in real-world simulations (water/sky/cloud/etc.) and particle systems.
- Brainstorming and designing new animation ideas collaboratively
- Prototyping new animations
- Implementing animations using Metal, SceneKit
- Profiling and optimizing animations
- Experience with physically-based real-world effects (e.g. water, sky, or cloud simulations)
- Experience with particle systems or generative algorithms
- Experience with SceneKit, Unity, Unreal, or other high-level 3D API
- Familiarity with computer graphics research (SIGGRAPH, GDC, etc.)
- Development experience with macOS or iOS (Xcode, Instruments, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of GPU architectures
- Artistic or design background