We are looking for an Android Developer to help our client build awesome Android apps that integrate with their services platform. The Android developer for the Mobile Team will report to the Mobile Development Manager for Android Team. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Android design and development, with one or more apps in the Google Play app store.
This is a 100 % hands-on role. Beyond technical capabilities we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of a large company. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Work with the product team to build exciting new features for our customers.
• Work with QA team in analyzing and resolving issues/defects.
• Work with Release Engineering team in app deployment activities.
• Work with the UX team to implement pixel perfect designs and animations.
• Implement unit test cases as part of new feature development.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 3 + years as a Android Developer with deep understanding of Android UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android apps
• 3 + years of depth knowledge of Java
• Experienced with using all the building blocks (ex: Fragments/Activities, Services, Content Providers) available in Android SDK.
• An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns MVP, MVVM.
• Experience integrating Android apps with RESTful APIs.
• Must have utilized Android Data Binding in building Android Apps.
• Must be well versed with Reactive Programming concepts and hands on experience with Rx Java.
• Familiar with Dependency Injection principle and enabling this using Dagger 2 on Android apps.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
• Nice to have: Kotlin