Our client, a Fortune 100 Energy Company, is looking for an Android Developer to join their Mobility and Design Team. This person will be responsible for architecting, developing, and supporting various new and existing iOS applications for internal and external business users. This role will be asked to help contribute to maturing the development processes and assisting team mates. They will have to both collaborate with the team on larger features as well as work independently on smaller ones.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
• Proficient in English (written & oral)
• Have exceptional problem solving and communication skills.
• Write clean, concise, robust and well-documented code, as well as accompanying tests; Unit testing experience is a must
• Extensive programming experience in Java with the Android SDK; understands the importance of optimizing for speed, memory usage and end-user responsiveness.
• Proficient with Android memory management, UI layout, multi-threading, data model and persistence, and network communications.
• Can design new features and tackle the annoying bugs
• Ability to work in various programming functions including UI, graphics, and animations.
• Strong understanding of web services and object-oriented principles.
• Comfortable learning frameworks and applying them quickly and successfully to production quality apps.
• Strong computer science background (BS in Computer Science or Equivalent)
• Accepts criticism / feedback
• Experience with designing and developing responsive web sites
• Experience with Kotlin
• Experience with data syncing and interfacing with RESTful APIs a plus.
• Design and development of RESTful APIs using .NET webapi
• Enterprise app deployment experience