Our leading travel client is currently looking for a Java-focussed Android Developer to assist with developing a range of truly global mobile apps. This is an ideal role for a mid-senior android developer committed to high-quality software alongside strong skills with object-oriented development and design patterns. You will be responsible for writing beautiful and maintainable code, providing support for QA teams to fix reported bugs, feeding your opinions to the product team, being an active contributing part of an agile development team (daily stand-ups, weekly planning meetings), maintaining build systems, and writing unit tests.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the following:
- 5+ years of software development experience (2+ of which are dedicated to mobile).
- Android SDK, OS features and technology roadmap.
- Product optimisation (performance, scalability and modularity).
- Automated testing, continuous integration and automation scripts.
- 2+ years experience with Java.
- Android design patterns.
- Distributing apps to Google Play.
- Strong computer science and problem solving fundamentals.
- Scrum/Agile process and project management methodologies.
- Great user interface design (specifically mobile).
- Experience designing and launching native Android apps to a large consumer audience is a huge bonus.
If this sounds like you then please forward your CV ASAP to be considered for this role.