align with CTB business commitments. The process of ensuring commitments are met involves project planning, scope management, risk management, change management, budget and resource planning, cost estimation and issue resolution.
Responsibilities include but not limited too.
Project Planning: Develops and maintains software development project plans that meet business, customer and financial requirements. Determines resource requirements, scope, schedule, budget and expense controls. Partners with business sponsors to define success metrics and success criteria.
Project Delivery: Work with teams to set incremental goals and manage multiple projects across functional teams using Agile methodologies. Ensures teams practice core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility. Manages project status and information in the form of formal briefings, project update meetings and written, electronic and graphic reports. Manages organizational resources efficiently including time, people and budget.
Risk Management: Manages all projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands and maintenance of overall project ownership. Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost and quality parameters. Proactively manages and militates against risks including establishing contingency plans.
• Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution with and across teams and project stakeholders.
• Serves as a subject matter expert in Agile/Scrum methodology across the technology team and organization.
• Facilitates and leads project meetings.
• Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Monitors and creates data regarding budget and amount spent on projects that roll into CTB’s organizational financial reporting
• Four year computer science or related degree
• 10 years of experience serving as a Project Manager
• 4 years as a scrum master, agile coach leading project teams required
• 3 years’ experience on a software development team
• Expert level knowledge of software development life cycle and Agile/Scrum development processes and experience on large software projects
• Experienced in various software estimation techniques and budgeting activities
• Proven technical project management skills with demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
• Proven experience taking traditional Agile reporting and using it to provide input to Product and Program Managers who are managing a larger / cross-functional project
• Educational technology experience preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise in communicating at all levels with clarity and precision
• Demonstrated experience in learning new technologies and tools rapidly and disseminate among teams quickly.
• Excellent leadership skills as demonstrated through the ability to collaborate and that effectively addresses multiple stakeholders’ needs and requirements
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of PMI standards and software development process