Job Title: Agile Project Manager
Location: New York
The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The APM may play a number of different roles in actual practice:
• Plan, execute, monitor, track, manage risks and issues and report on projects using traditional and Agile development processes and techniques.
• Tracking and communicating team velocity and sprint/release progress to all affected teams and management using Agile estimating techniques.
• Lead, Arrange and facilitate all Agile ceremonies including, Stand-ups, Reviews, Retrospectives, Grooming, and Sprint and Release planning.
• Analyze business requirements to develop and define high-level epics and stories to create a prioritized Product Backlog.
• Write user stories that are clear, concise and easy to understand, driven by VOC and provide business value.
• Identify related user stories and epics, grouping them into themes as necessary and documenting the interrelationship and associated business process flows as necessary.
• Responsible for making sure that daily task status and hours are being updated by team on systems such as RCLM or other Agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs.
• Develop and maintain project plans, resource utilization schedules and budget materials.
• Conduct research and analysis to determine business trends, forecasts and benchmarking with utilities and other businesses related to web, mobile and App use and development.
• Develops business and technical requirements for key projects and processes changes associated with the redesign of the Company’s digital channels.
• Conducts testing associated with changes to business processes and systems, including development of detailed test plans and test cases, execution of testing, documentation of findings, and working with business and technical staff to resolve identified issues.
• Support a customer-centric culture, taking special interest in meeting the needs of external and internal stakeholders.
• Establishing work plans, scheduling and administering meetings, assigning and tracking tasks, managing human resources, development of status reports, and monitoring budget and financials.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: